Running a Social Media Campaign on Facebook can be a great way to engage your fans, increase your fan base, collect new email contacts and grow your business!
Here are some tips for how to run a successful social media campaign:
- Type of Campaign – Determine which type of social campaign that you’re going to run. For example, are you going to feature an enter to win sweepstakes, coupon offer or free download, etc…
- Utilize an App or Service – It’s key to use a tool or app, such as Constant Contact Social Campaigns tool to setup and organize your campaign within your business Facebook page. With this tool, you can easily create a professional-looking Facebook landing page with the details of your offer, publish/promote the campaign plus track your results. It requires people to enter their email address in order to take advantage of your offer. In addition, it provides a “Share” page which lets people easily share the offer with their personal connects on their own social media pages. Better yet, every entry will automatically be added to your email database within Constant Contact so you’ll be all set to market to these contacts in the future.
- Kick Start it with an Email Campaign – Create and send a dedicate email campaign to your current database with a direct link to the social campaigns tab within your Facebook timeline and encourage them to share it with their friends/family.This can help you convert your database into fans and bring more visibility to your campaign.Don’t forget to share this email on Facebook too so that your current fans can also participate in your social campaign. Your “raving fans” are the ones most likely to share your campaign with their friends on Facebook.
- Run Ads on Facebook – Running ads on Facebook for your campaign is a great way to reach beyond your current audience and we highly recommend it to fully optimize your results. You can create a very defined target audience based on geography, age, sex, etc. and key is to define their interests. Facebook ads can be very cost effective and are easy to setup. Remember to include the link to your social media tab within your ad so that you’re driving traffic directly to the campaign, rather than simply your Facebook page so they can take immediate action without having to search for the details. We recommend that you target people outside of your current fan base for these ads.
- Promote, Promote, Promote – Update your cover photo to include the details of your social campaign. Also, regularly feature the campaign on all of your social media sites during the life of your campaign. Within your posts ask your fans to “share” with their friends. We’ve seen great results from paying to “boost” your posts about the campaign on Facebook to your fans & their friends. Send a reminder email to your database 24 hours before the social campaign offer is set to expire.
Watch this video to see how quickly you can setup a social campaign in Constant Contact!
Interested in running a social campaign? Try Constant Contact for FREE for 60 Days. Start Your FREE Trial Today!